The only spicy, chunky guacamole recipe you’ll ever need. It uses just six ingredients but has a secret tip to make sure the flavors are evenly dispersed and irresistible!
- 3 medium, ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- 1 bunch of cilantro – roughly 1/4 cup (minced)
- 1 tsp of salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 lime (for juice)
- Slice up the jalapenos into the finest chunks you can – I typically slice them into four vertical pieces and then mince them
- Slice up the cilantro using a chiffonade (i.e. roll them tightly together and chop away)
- If you have a food processor, pulse them together coarsely – two to three pulses is enough. If you don’t, use a pestle or a blunt spoon and mash together as much as possible
- Chop up the red onions into a fine dice
- Finally, chop up the avocados – split them in half, remove pit, criss-cross the flesh and scoop out with a spoon into a bowl.
- Add the cilantro-jalapeno mixture on top, followed by red onions, salt, and juice from half a lime
- Mix well together using a serving fork, pestle, or the back of a large spoon
- Squeeze the other half of lime on top, add some flaky salt if you’d like, and dig in with a chip!
- To get the perfect chunky consistency, criss-crossing the avocado is a great trick – if you want your guacamole more mashed, just use a masher
- You can also increase the red onions or jalapeno to your taste, add red pepper flakes, garlic, fresh tomatoes, and a number of other things to this guacamole – it’s super versatile!
- Category: Dips
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: spicy avocado dip, guacamole, spicy guacamole, chunky guacamole