This spinach and avocado summer salad has cherry tomatoes, radishes, cotija cheese and is finished with a lemony vinaigrette. Perfect for summer cookouts! Replace dressing with my green goddess dressing for upscaling this simple salad with little effort.
- 1/2 bag of organic spinach (read post about why you should consider going organic for spinach)
- 1 ripe avocado (sliced into thin vertical pieces)
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes
- 4–5 radishes (sliced into thin rounds)
- Small wedge of cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Wash the baby spinach and set aside
- Slice the radishes into thin rounds (see post for step-by-step)
- Grate the cotija cheese
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil
- Slice the avocado into thin slices (see post for step-by-step to keep the shape!)
- Assemble the salad with the spinach base; followed by radishes and cherry tomatoes; then cotija cheese and finally avocados
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on the salad, then add salt and pepper, and gently transfer to a serving bowl
- Replace the lemony vinaigrette with a delicious poached garlic and parsley Green Goddess dressing!
- You can replace a number of items with other things – read the post for a list of substitutions
- To make it vegan, simply leave out the cotija cheese.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American