The holidays are fast approaching and that means it's time to break out your Instant Pot and get cooking! This year, ditch the same old appetizers and try something new with our spinach artichoke dip recipe. It's creamy, delicious, and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, it's easy to make ahead of time so you can spend more time enjoying the party. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
This post contains helpful tips and tricks! If you're in a rush, please use the "Jump to Recipe" link!
This post might contain affiliate links. If you click on those and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
💭 Why you'll love this recipe
- Creamy and delicious: This Instant Pot spinach artichoke dip is velvety smooth and packed with flavor! The combination of creamy and nutty cheeses, fresh spinach, and tender artichokes is simply irresistible.
- Perfect for any occasion: Whether you're hosting a Super Bowl party, holiday dinner or want a tasty snack to munch on, this dip is perfect. Plus, it pairs well with just about anything - chips, crackers, vegetables, you name it!
- It's a crowd pleaser! Instant Pot dishes always seem to disappear quickly at parties (like my no drain Instant Pot mashed potatoes!), and this spinach artichoke dip is no exception.
- Great for make ahead: Simply prepare the dish according to the recipe and store it in the fridge until you're ready to serve! When you're ready to eat, just reheat in the Instant Pot for a few minutes and enjoy!
📋 Ingredients and notes
You'll need spinach, artichoke hearts, sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, parmesan, white cheddar, garlic, red chili flakes and salt.
Notes and Variations
- Use fresh or frozen spinach: You can make this with either fresh or frozen spinach! No need to thaw!
- Use a combination of creamy and shredded cheeses: I typically use sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise for the creaminess and shredded mozzarella, parmesan and white cheddar or Monterey Jack cheeses for the salty, nutty flavor. Shred cheese fresh if you can but it's not required.
- Adjust spiciness and flavor profile: I use a few red pepper flakes, but you can take it up a notch (like my spinach maria recipe) or reduce it. Swap the artichoke brine with vegetable (or vegan chicken broth!) or add in other spices of your choice to elevate the flavor profile.
- Make it vegan: You can swap the dairy components with vegan versions and the recipe works great! I use vegan mayonnaise, vegan cream cheese (Kite Hill), vegan cheddar (Daiya cheese slices), vegan mozzarella (Miyoko's, whose liquid mozzarella is a godsend for pizza!) and vegan parmesan (any brand!)
📖 Make Instant Pot spinach artichoke dip!
This might be one of the easiest recipes ever made, honestly. At the heart of it, you dump everything into the Instant Pot and cook. Didn't I tell you this would be a holiday favorite?
Drain artichoke hearts, reserving some brine. Add artichoke hearts to your Instant Pot along liquid. Then, add fresh spinach or frozen chopped spinach.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, minced garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes on top of the artichokes and spinach in the Instant Pot.
Close lid, seal properly, by turning the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position, select “Pressure Cook” on “High” for 3 minutes to pressure cook the dip. When the timer is up and the dip has finished cooking, do a quick-release pressure setting carefully to open the lid. Stir in cheddar, mozzarella cheese and parmesan and stir with a rubber spatula until it melts for about 2 minutes.
Press the "cancel" button if serving on a bowl, or "Keep Warm" mode to keep the cheese melted and free of lumps for a longer time.
Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, if desired. Devour the dip!
👩🏽🍳Troubleshooting Tips and FAQs
You can dip almost anything into this creamy dip! I love dipping tortilla chips, crostini, baguettes, or just straight up toasted bread! You can also go healthy with carrots, bell peppers, or cucumbers.
Nope!! I like using fresh spinach because I have a giant spinach patch in my garden, but sometimes I literally grab frozen spinach over the fresh spinach anyway.
You can add more cream cheese to thicken the dip, or add broth (or more artichoke brine) to thin the dip. If you are worried about making it too salty, you can simply add some water!
🍴 Serving and storage suggestions
I love serving this recipe warm, but you can eat this both warm, after it's cooled down, or chilled. This might sound crazy, but try having leftover dip with some pasta and watch yourself get blown away by how good it is.
To store this dip, place in an airtight container and store in a cool place for 3 to 5 days.
Reheat dip on the stove in a skillet, or place in a microwave safe container for about 1 minute. Increase in 30 second increments until it's warmed enough. If the dip has solidified too much while in the fridge, add a splash of broth and stir into the dip and then heat.
You can freeze this Instant Pot spinach artichoke dip in a freezer-safe container for about a month or two. I typically portion it when I make large batches! You can leave it to thaw overnight in the fridge, or defrost using your microwave!
If you like this recipe, check out my other easy dip recipes:
Did you make this recipe?! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Please leave a comment and a star rating and let me know how it went! We love hearing from you, thank you so much
Instant Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, 1 can drained, reserve ¼ cup of the liquid
- 10 oz frozen spinach, substitute 4 cups of fresh chopped spinach
- 1 cup sour cream , see notes for vegan brand recommendation
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, see notes for vegan brand recommendation
- 8 oz cream cheese of choice
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded, see notes for vegan brand recommendation
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, see notes for vegan brand recommendation
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated, see notes for vegan brand recommendation
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving ¼ of the liquid. Add the artichoke hearts to your Instant Pot along with ¼ cup of the liquid. Then, add 3 cups of fresh spinach or 10 oz frozen spinach (no need to thaw).
- Add 1 cup of sour cream, ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 8 oz of cream cheese, 4 cloves of garlic, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes on top of the artichokes and spinach in the Instant Pot. Do not add the other cheeses yet!
- Close the lid, seal properly, by turning the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position, select “Pressure Cook” on “High” for 3 minutes.
- When the timer is up and the dip has finished cooking, do a quick-release pressure setting carefully to open the lid.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheddar, ½ cup each of mozzarella and parmesan and stir with a rubber spatula until it melts for about 2 minutes.
- Press the "cancel" button if serving on a bowl, or "Keep Warm" mode to keep the cheese melted and free of lumps for a longer time.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Do Not Stir! Add ingredients in the order stated, and don't add the shredded cheeses before pressure cooking! Also, don't stir the ingredients before cooking.
- Spiciness: Use ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a less spicy dip or just omit.
- Cheeses: Any melting cheese works! I typically love using Monterey Jack. Just keep the same proportions of 2 cups of cheese total.
- Vegan Variation: You can swap the dairy components with vegan versions and the recipe works great! I use vegan mayonnaise, vegan cream cheese (Kite Hill), vegan cheddar (Daiya or Violife), vegan mozzarella (Miyoko's) and vegan parmesan (any brand of choice!)