I love myself some jalapeños, and nothing is more tasty than pickled jalapeños. This is a super simple recipe with minimal ingredients so you can preserve those jalapeños.
This post contains helpful tips and tricks! If you're in a rush, please use the "Jump to Recipe" link!
This post might contain affiliate links. If you click on those and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
💭 Why you'll love this recipe
- Sweet and spicy: Jalapenos take on a really sweet and spicy taste when pickled, so they provide a perfect complement of flavors!
- Super easy to make: This recipe comes together in literally 15 minutes, and needs basic ingredients you probably have at home.
- SO versatile: I love adding sweet pickled jalapenos to everything - Tacos? Check. Grain bowls? Check. Sandwiches? Check. Eat them raw? You bet.
📋 Ingredients and notes
You'll need jalapenos, distilled white vinegar (or other vinegar of your choice), salt, sugar, and garlic cloves for this recipe (as well as a tight-fitting Mason jar or similar jar). You can also use other types of peppers in this recipe if you wish!
📖 Step-by-step instructions
Start by preparing the jalapenos
Chop off the stems and then slice into small rounds. Wear gloves while doing this or wash your hands thoroughly afterwards - no one wants to get jalapeno juice on their eyes!
Prepare the pickling liquid
In a small saucepan, heat up the water and distilled white vinegar together. Then, add the salt and sugar and stir until they're fully dissolved (about 5 minutes).
Pickle the jalapenos
Place the garlic cloves in a Mason jar with a tight fitting lid. Then, add the jalapeno slices to that jar. Finally, pour the pickling liquid over the jar In a small saucepan, heat up the water and distilled white vinegar together. Then, add the salt and sugar and stir until they're fully dissolved (about 5 minutes). Pour this brine over the jalapenos and let them sit, uncovered for a few minutes until it cools down. Then, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before using (ideally up to 3 hours).
🍴 Serving and storage suggestions
You can add these jalapeno pickles to everything! I love adding them to my tacos (say, my gochujang cauliflower tacos or fried avocado tacos) - but you can also use them in salads (for instance, my summer spinach and avocado salad). But my favorite? Add them to avocado toast. You simply won't go wrong!
This is a quick pickle recipe, so it needs to be stored in the fridge and will stay fresh about 2-3 weeks. Please note this is not a canning recipe.
If you like this recipe, don't forget to try out my other pickle recipes:
Did you make this recipe?! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Please leave a comment and a star rating and let me know how it went! We love hearing from you, thank you so much
Easy Quick Pickled Jalapenos!
- 5 jalapenos, chopped into rounds
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Slice the jalapenos after removing the stems. You can wear gloves while you do this or wash your hands thoroughly afterwards!
- In a small saucepan or pot, combine 1 cup each of distilled white vinegar and water along with ¼ cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Wait until the sugar and salt dissolves, and then set aside.
- Place the garlic cloves and jalapeno slices in the jar and then pour the pickling liquid over them. Allow to cool, and then close the jar tightly. Place in a fridge for at least 30 minutes, and ideally around 3 hours. Enjoy your jalapeno pickles!