These frozen French toast sticks are so easy and delicious - crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, it's a great breakfast for the entire family! Plus, it's a great way to get your kids experimenting with cooking in the kitchen with a simple recipe (and adult supervision, of course!)
This post contains helpful tips and tricks! If you're in a rush, please use the "Jump to Recipe" link!
This post might contain affiliate links. If you click on those and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
💭 Why you'll love this recipe
- Great for a quick breakfast on a busy morning or lazy weekend brunch. Best part: takes under 15 minutes but tastes super delicious!
- Perfect way to get your kids excited about cooking with you (and with adult supervision, of course!)
- No more soggy French toast sticks - making these frozen French toast sticks in air fryer ensures a crispy outside and fluffy inside. No need to mess around with an egg mixture either! But you can also check out my classic French toast recipe if you want something more traditional.
📋 Ingredients and notes
You'll literally need a box of frozen French toast sticks and potentially some olive oil spray if you want to spray the bottom of your air fryer.
I also topped my air fryer French toast sticks with some maple syrup, powdered sugar, and berries!
📖 Make Air Fryer Frozen French Toast Sticks
This is possibly one of the simplest recipes ever, but there are a few tips and tricks below this section to make sure you get it just fluffy.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. I find that a preheated oven style air fryer helps cook the French toast sticks more evenly.
- You can spray your air fryer basket or tray with some cooking oil spray. This is optional. If you don't want to use non-stick cooking spray, but your air fryer tends to stick (or you want to make it easy to clean up), you can line the bottom with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place sticks in a single layer, with an enough space between them so they don't overlap. Air fryer cooks by circulating hot air around the food, so spacing them out is important.
- Air fry the French toast sticks at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes. Check after six minutes to make sure it's the consistency you want, and cook another minute if you need or until done for best results. Air fryer ovens tend to take a minute extra in my experience (compared to air fryer baskets). Cook times do vary on air fryers, so make sure you adjust to your taste.
Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar (or cinnamon-sugar mixture), and some berries or your favorite toppings! Hard to beat easy air fryer French toast sticks, eh?
👩🏽🍳Top tips and FAQs
No, you don't need to defrost or thaw your frozen French toast sticks before cooking them. You can throw them straight in the air fryer.
Though you can cook them in an oven or toaster oven, my favorite way to cook them is in an air fryer. Just takes 6 minutes at 400F.
Yes! I have tested many different brands of frozen French toast sticks in the air fryer. They all work just fine.
🍴 Serving and storage suggestions
Though you can store the cooked French toast sticks in an airtight container in the fridge, I don't recommend this. I don't recommend freezing the cooked French toast sticks either.
Given how easy it is to make this French toast stick recipe, I recommend just making them when you need it. Even on busy mornings, this only takes a few minutes! For another great breakfast idea, check out these fluffy pancakes with self rising flour!
If you have opened a box, and have uncooked French toast sticks leftover, just throw them in a freezer-safe bag or a freezer safe container and pop them in the freezer until you need to eat them again.
Toppings for French Toast Sticks
There are so many great options for toppings you can add to your French toast sticks. Here are a few of my favorite ones.
- Sweetener like real maple syrup, monkfruit syrup, or honey
- Fresh fruit, especially fresh berries like strawberries and blueberries or even a delicious fruit salad
- Fruit compote, like this delicious mixed berry compote
- Whipped cream or ice cream!
- Nutella or similar hazelnut or chocolate spread
- Nut butters (peanut butter is a favorite, but almond butter or cashew butter also tastes great!)
- Powdered sugar (which I've used) or cinnamon sugar
Homemade French Toast Recipes You'll Love
- Brioche French Toast (tastes great with Texas toast too!)
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Savory Indian French Toast (Bombay Toast)
- Cheesy French Toast (with Egg in Hole)
If you like this recipe, check out my other breakfast recipes:
You can also check out my other air fryer recipes here:
Did you make this recipe?! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Please leave a comment and a star rating and let me know how it went! We love hearing from you, thank you so much
Air Fryer Frozen French Toast Sticks
- 1 package frozen French toast sticks
- ½ cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the frozen French Toast Sticks in the basket or tray in a single layer, evenly spaced apart.
- Cook for 6 minutes, or until done. Remove from air fryer. Top with maple syrup, powdered sugar and berries and serve!
- You do not need to thaw or defrost the frozen French toast sticks before cooking. Just grab them from the freezer and get cooking!