The Super Bowl is almost here, and I know because my fiancé spends most of his Sundays in front of the TV. So, I have rounded up 35+ easy vegetarian super bowl snacks - this includes appetizers, dips, salads, and main dishes for the big game. Many are vegan and/or gluten free too!
Tip: Please use the jump links below to navigate to a section of your choice (e.g., dips, finger foods, healthy snacks, etc.)
Vegetarian Super Bowl Dips
You can't talk about vegetarian super bowl recipes without talking about dips, the cornerstone of TV watching! So, I had to start with my favorite dips for football season, which even meat eaters will love.
- Spicy guacamole that will elevate your guac to a whole new level
- Spicy creamed spinach dip as a unique twist on cheesy dips (or better yet, make it a spinach artichoke dip!)
- Hearty hummus recipe that is an easy crowd pleaser
- Vegan queso dip (or one with chorizo) - both of which will be the creamy dip of your dreams
- Vegan chili cheese sauce (in Instant Pot) which is dairy free, gluten free and oil free!
- Mango salsa, which can be easily made with frozen chunks!
- Creamy poblano sauce which makes for an excellent dipping sauce for all your finger foods!
- African pepper sauce, which is a spicy alternative to salsa
Easy Vegetarian Superbowl Appetizers, Sides and Finger Foods!
What's game day without an assortment of amazing finger foods? Potatoes feature heavily in this section, but check out some of my favorite crispy, crunch snacks and finger foods! Here are my 10 favorite appetizers and snacks (many of which can be made in the air fryer!)
- Crispy garlic smashed potatoes, which can be made in an oven or an air-fryer and is a crowd pleaser and easy to make in batches.
- Vegan cabbage fritters, which are a great healthy alternative!
- Cheesy cheddar biscuits that all your friends and family will love
- Skillet jalapeno cornbread made with Instant Polenta for a softer variation of a Southern favorite
- Air fryer nachos, made with gooey Cheddar cheese (and homemade air fryer tortilla chips too!)
- Air fryer frozen French fries, for times you need a convenient bite or a healthier air fryer parsnip fries if you want to stick to what's in season!
- Air fryer samosas, a great Indian snack for any game day!
- Vegan, gluten-free avocado fries, which are an excellent alternative to regular fries and absolutely delicious!
- Jalapeno poppers stuffed with cream cheese + green onions
- Vegan buffalo cauliflower bites that are so flavorful, tender on the inside, with a bit of crunch on the outside (or try these air-fryer, oil-free cauliflower wings!)
Vegetarian Game Day Salads
Game day is usually all about comfort foods and snacks, but occasionally, you might want to also indulge your healthy side on these days. And if you're thinking of fabulous game day salads - I got you covered!
- Delicious summer slaw without mayonnaise - a light and refreshing complement to some of the cheesy, indulgent appetizers!
- Easy falafel salad with hummus for when you want a salad but also something a bit crunchy and filling
- Delicious Caprese salad (if you live in a spot where you can get fresh tomatoes this time of the year!)
- Roasted beet salad with goat cheese, arugula and a citrus vinaigrette for when you want something sweet and salty
- Fan favorite vegan Brussels sprouts Caesar salad with roasted chickpea croutons and a delicious vegan Caesar dressing
- Seattle-inspired massaged kale salad with pepitas, pecorino, and a delicious parsley-poached garlic vinaigrette
Vegetarian Game Day Dinners
Finally, as you start moving out of snacks and start getting ready for dinner time on game day - you want something comforting, delicious and easy to put together. So I've rounded up 10 of my favorite dinner and main entrees here so you can enjoy dinner too!
- Three ingredient cacio e pepe made the traditional way with just pasta, Pecorino Romano cheese, and black pepper
- Vegan butternut squash mac and cheese recipe that's delicious without any soy or even nutritional yeast.
- Kimchi mac and cheese for when you need a spicy kick and umami burst to your mac and cheese recipe!
- Spicy alfredo pasta that can be made vegetarian or vegan, and easily made in one pot too when you want something creamy but not too rich!
- Creamy leek and mushroom pasta that makes great use of leeks and can be ready in a jiffy - crowd pleaser!
- Korean cauliflower tacos, are crispy, delicious, and a perfect make-ahead meal you can mix up with various toppings!
- Gochujang cauliflower with tangy flavors, a spicy umami explosion in your mouth - whole roasted and perfect for serving family style!
- Moroccan shakshuka, that's made with a spicy tomato base and poached eggs that's perfect for a breakfast-for-dinner meal at the end of a game
- Green shakshuka, for when you want shakshuka but also power greens!
- Fried avocado tacos that are vegan and gluten-free, topped with a delicious poblano sauce and pickled onions
Easy Game Day Desserts & Sweets
Finally, here's a selection of easy game day desserts you can whip up even as your eyes are stuck on the game. Three simple recipes that don't require much active preparation time!
- 15 minute berry galette that can be made with fresh or frozen berries and with pie crust picked up from the store
- Healthy pistachio banana muffins that are a delicious sweet treat and a great way to use those ripe bananas on your counter!
- Strawberry shortcake cookies that are a perfect sweet treat that's a cross between a cookie and a scone and all kinds of delicious!